Trip Around the World - First stop Japan Itinerary

Diana

Today was the day were I sat down to organize my thoughts and plan out our trip around the world with the first stop being Japan. Follow along and feel free to make suggestions.
IMG_8569.jpeg

Japan trip

During 10-day trip to Japan, I want to see pandas. We can see them at the following locations:

1. **Ueno Zoo, Tokyo**: Ueno Zoo is famous for its panda exhibit. It's located in Ueno Park in Tokyo and is easily accessible from central Tokyo.

2. **Adventure World, Wakayama**: Adventure World in Wakayama Prefecture is another popular place to see pandas. It's a bit further from Tokyo and Osaka but can be visited if you have a specific interest in pandas and are willing to travel.

Hotels
Tokyo
1. **Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu**
- Features: Great views of Shibuya Crossing, modern amenities, and convenient location.

2. **Hotel Gracery Shinjuku**
- Features: Central location, modern rooms, and the famous Godzilla head on the rooftop.

3. **The Peninsula Tokyo**
- Location: Marunouchi, near Tokyo Station and the Imperial Palace.
- Features: Luxurious amenities, spacious rooms, and excellent service.

#### Hakone
1. **Hakone Kowakien Tenyu**
- Features: Stunning views, private open-air baths, and traditional Japanese ambiance.

2. **Gora Kadan**
- Features: Luxurious ryokan with excellent onsen facilities, traditional kaiseki meals, and beautiful gardens.

3. **Yumoto Fujiya Hotel**
- Features: Convenient location near the train station, onsen, and spacious rooms.

#### Kyoto
1. **The Ritz-Carlton Kyoto**
- Features: Luxurious accommodations, excellent service, and beautiful river views.

2. **Hotel Granvia Kyoto**
- Features: Convenient location, modern amenities, and great city views.

3. **Ryokan Yachiyo**
- Features: Traditional ryokan experience, beautiful garden, and onsen baths.

Last edited:
Day 2: Visit Asakusa (Senso-ji Temple, Nakamise Shopping Street), Akihabara (electronic and anime district), and Tokyo Skytree.

Last edited:
Day 3: Explore Shibuya (Shibuya Crossing, Hachiko Statue), Harajuku (Meiji Shrine, Takeshita Street), and Omotesando (fashionable shopping street).

Last edited:
Day 4: Day trip to Nikko
• Take a day trip to Nikko to see Toshogu Shrine, Rinno-ji Temple, and Kanmangafuchi Abyss. Return to Tokyo in the evening.

Last edited:
Day 5-6: Kyoto
• Day 5: Travel to Kyoto (about 2.5 hours by Shinkansen). Visit Kiyomizu-dera Temple, Gion (Geisha district), and explore the surrounding area.

Last edited:
Day 6: Visit Fushimi Inari Taisha (the famous shrine with thousands of torii gates), Arashiyama (Bamboo Grove, Tenryu-ji Temple), and Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion).

Last edited:
Day 7: Nara Day Trip
• Take a day trip to Nara to see Todai-ji Temple (with the Great Buddha), Nara Park (with deer roaming freely), and Kasuga Taisha Shrine. Return to Kyoto in the evening.

Last edited:
Day 8-10: Osaka
• Day 8: Travel to Osaka (about 15-30 minutes by Shinkansen). Explore Osaka Castle, Dotonbori (famous for its nightlife and street food), and Shinsaibashi shopping arcade.

Last edited:
Day 9: explore more of Osaka, such as Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan or Umeda Sky Building.

Last edited:
Day 10: Depending on your departure time, we might
have some free time to revisit favorite spots or do last-minute shopping before heading to the airport.

Last edited:
Perfect!! So excited. 10 days seems like a good start. When I did my previous trip I stayed in Tokyo for maybe 4-5 days but did not get out to other cities or towns. This time I really want to see more.

Back