REI Sahara Convertible Pants

Daniel

Staff Member
I purchased two pairs of these REI Sahara Convertible Pants in 2013 that allow you to zip off the legs. Back when I first got them they used a snap button and they were super comfortable for a big guy like me. In 2013 I had to pack light for a solo trip around the world so I wore one pair and packed the other. The pants were exactly what I needed. They can be washed in a sink and dry really fast. When I purchased them they were over $60 a pair. The style has changed a bit since 2012.

I am really into buying exactly what I like so I found out that every so often a used or even brand new pair with tags still on them come up for sale on ebay. I have purchased them for as little as $24 a pair brand new. I now have about 8 pairs in different colors in rotation and I also have two pairs with tags still on them in a drawer.

rei-pants.jpeg

My wife gets embarrassed because I wear them all the time.

escape-room.jpeg

The super comfy classic green pairs are my favorite. We recently had an incident that they split after 8 years on the rear. I paid a local seamstress to fix them and they are good as new. The light grey are a favorite when I really need to jazz up my look.

canyon.jpeg

Perfect for every occasion lol!

fishing.jpeg

I even told Abel about them and he has been wearing them all the time too on some of our camping trips.

abel.jpeg

New pairs bought off ebay still has tags and they are the older style with the snap buttons at the waist.

brand new.jpeg

new-cargo-pants.jpeg

The right pockets have a small pockets with a tiny zipper. Perfect for your keys or cash when you are out and about.

right pocket.jpeg

Last edited:
Back