Best Breakfast Tacos in Texas

Daniel

Staff Member
I simply love breakfast tacos, Chorizo with egg, Barbacoa with cilantro and onions, and Bacon with eggs all on flour tortillas are my favorite three choices. If you have a favorite spot you would like to share please Join our Community and reply in this Best Breakfast Tacos in Texas post or or send us a suggestion on our Contact Page. I want to get out to as many spots as possible.

tejas-taco-house.jpeg

Last edited:
I recently visited Tejas Taco House in Houston, TX and even returned a couple of weeks later just to take a friend to try it out.

tejas-taco-house-barbacoa-cilantro-onions.jpeg

Barbacoa with cilantro and onions taco

tejas-taco-house-bacon-egg-flour.jpeg

Bacon and egg taco

tejas-taco-house-chorizo-egg-taco.jpeg

Chorizo and egg taco

Last edited:
This past weekend I visit Joe's Bakery & Coffee Shop located in Austin, TX and absolutely loved the Barbacoa and the Chorizo with egg tacos there.

joes-bakery-coffee-shop-counter.jpg

Counter seating
joes-bakery-coffee-shop-barbacoa.jpg

Barbacoa with Cilantro and Onions taco

joes-bakery-coffee-shop-chorizo.jpg

Chorizo and egg taco

Seriously the Menudo was beyond good as well and my wife Diana could not stop talking about it on the way back to Houston, TX.
joes-bakery-coffee-shop-menudo.jpg

The one thing we did not try on this visit were the bakery goods but we plan to return and try some in the future.
joes-bakery-coffee-shop-bakery.jpg

Here is an image I really liked of a framed Our Lady of Guadalupe that they had hanging on the wall.

joes-bakery-coffee-shop-art.jpg

Last edited:
We found a great place for great breakfast tacos this past weekend at Castillo's Mexican Restaurant in Katy, Texas.

The chorizo and egg was my favorite there. It was made very similar to the way one of my tias made chorizo and egg tacos when I was young. The tortillas are flawless and they are the perfect thickness, super soft and delicious.
castillos-mexican-restaurant-chorizo-egg.jpg

The bacon and egg seemed like it had more thick bacon ends than most other breakfast tacos around, so very good!! It will be tough not to eat them every weekend since Castillo's Mexican Restaurant is less than five minutes from where I live.

castillos-mexican-restaurant-bacon-egg.jpg

Now on to this "pretty Epic" Barbacoa with Cilantro and onions topped taco. This Barbacoa taco was stuffed with the prefect non-greasy meat. I am hooked!

castillos-mexican-restaurant-barbacoa.jpg

I even had to call and tell my parents about it and promised to take them some tacos soon. What a great spot it is going to do great in Katy, TX

Last edited:
Back